Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised when beautyfashionenthusiast (beautyfashionenthusiast.com) nominated me for the Liesbter Award.
A newbie to the wordpress blogging world, I had to google and find out what that is.
The liesbter award is given by bloggers to new bloggers to encourage them for their posts.
I thought it is pretty awesome that it exists – sort of like a welcome tag for new bloggers you know?
So thank you to the lovely beautyfashionenthusiast for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the person you’ve nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
So let me first start by answering the questions given to me by beautyfashionenthusiast.
1. What is your favourite beauty product?
My favourite beauty product currently would be collection’s lasting perfection concealer in shade 2. Collection’s pretty hard to get in Singapore, you can only buy its products from a small push cart in a mall here, and it’s not even that well known. I’ve been loving it for months now, and have even bought a tiny stock pile just because I’m so afraid of running out of it and not being able to repurchase it!
2. What are your wardrobe staples?
I definitely think that everyone should have a nice white tee and black tee, a denim jacket and a comfortable pair of jeans/jeggings. My favourite jeggings are from uniqlo and trust me – they look as good as real jeans without the heaviness. Besides that, a nice white sundress is definitely a must have in Singapore’s weather!
3. Who are your favourite bloggers/ youtubers?
My favourite blogger is probably Xiaxue, though she hasn’t been writing as much lately.
Youtubers wise, I love essiebutton (she has a blog too!), grav3yardgirl, Jaclynhill and Jennamarbles. Their energy’s infectious!
4. What inspires you in life?
It might sound funny but, the life I dream of having in the future inspires me to work hard and keep going. Youth is on my side now, and I have no plans of wasting it!
5. Your favourite quote of the day?
“The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem” – Captain Jack Sparrow
6. Why did you start blogging?
I love writing, but haven’t because of school work. I decided to stop using school as an excuse and rekindle my love for writing by starting a blog, and share about things that make me happy, in hopes that others will feel a little happier reading them too.
7. What kind of music do you like?
Indie-rock/ Alternative. I love Florence and the Machine, Kimbra, Lorde, Gotye and the like.
8. What food you can’t live without?
Can I cheat and just say I can’t live without Singaporean food (Chilli crab, Nasi Lemak, Chicken rice, etc) ? If I really have to choose one food, I think it might be potatoes though. I mean – what else do I need to say about em’ glorious potatoes?
9. If you can pick anywhere to live, where would it be?
I think even if I can pick anywhere to live, I might just choose to live in Singapore. Don’t get me wrong. I love travelling to different parts of the world, but few countries can make me feel safe and snug like Singapore, though it might get a little boring at times.
10. Do you shop online? If you do, what do you buy the most?
I shop online a lot. I think the things that I buy the most are dresses and unfortunately for me, most of the time when the dresses reach me, I realize they’re too short and don’t fit the measurements stated on the site.
11. What’s the one thing you really want to do, but hasn’t done yet?
I would say making videos and joining Youtube. It just seems so much fun to be part of the Youtube community. Of course, I’m working on that now!
Now for 11 facts about me:
Here’s a picture of me with no makeup and with my glasses on. Yes, yes, I know I look really nerdy and tired.
2. I’m going to university for a business degree soon.
3. I really enjoy organizing and re-organizing things.
4. I think I tend to buy lipsticks and eyeshadows the most.
5. A lot of my clothes are white, black or grey.
6. I always wear covered shoes to school (it’s common for students to wear slippers to universities here).
7. I love watching musicals.
8. I prefer wearing flats to heels.
9. I prefer dresses to skirts!
10. I can speak mandarin chinese.
11. I’m still figuring out what the heck I want in life.
Here are the 11 nominees:
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
1. What’s the one beauty product that you can’t live without?
2. What’s the next beauty item that you intend to get?
3. What is one country that you would like to travel to and why?
4. How did you come up with your blogging name?
5. What drives you in life?
6. What’s the one piece of clothing item you think everyone should have?
7. Do you have a favourite perfume? If you do, what is it?
8. Who are your favourite youtubers?
9. What’s your favourite song currently?
10. What’s your favourite quote?
11. What’s your favourite book/text/article?
And that’s it!
Thanks for reading everyone!